I have been going round in circles trying to sort out my energy bills with my supplier. I made a complaint to them about three months ago in relation to a mix up with my meter and bills but can’t get through to speak to them now. Can you help?

It is important that we follow the individual process for complaining to our energy supplier if we have to do so.

It is always best to ensure we do this in writing, either by email or letter to them, so that we have evidence of our communication.

The process can usually be found on the energy company’s website, with timescales for responses to complaints usually set at eight weeks.

Support from

The team at can help if you are having ongoing issues with your supplier, or are struggling to get through to them about your issue.

You can find more information about resolving complaints with your supplier by visiting the Knowledge Centre at, or calling the team on 0808 196 8660, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.

The Energy Ombudsman

The team at can escalate your complaint if you have not had a response or help you to take it to the next stage with the Energy Ombudsman.

The Energy Ombudsman is an impartial and free service that can investigate energy-related escalated complaints.

They can only be used if you’ve either been given a ‘letter of deadlock’ by the company, signifying their rejection of the complaint, or if the complaint has gone unresolved for 8 weeks – which from your question, would seem the case.

You can also contact the Energy Ombudsman directly through their website, or by calling 0330 440 1624 (Monday to Friday-8am until 8pm), Saturday-9am until 1pm),